Travel & Tourism
Why study Travel & Tourism at Halesowen College?
- A new Travel & Tourism suite, modelled around airport departures and featuring a purpose built mock aircraft cabin, Halesowen Air
- Qualified staff with professional travel & tourism backgrounds
- Excellent pass rates and levels of student progression
- Strong links with a range of leading travel organisations e.g. Thomas Cook Retail, Monarch Airlines, Village Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Malmaison Hotels and various tourist attractions
- Enrichment activities including trips abroad and the chance to experience various employment options within the cruise industry
- Visits to top tourist spots throughout the UK
- Participation in practical activities organised through tour and travel operators
- Opportunities to get first-hand experience of working in the College Training Restaurant
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Following the completion of Level 3 Diplomas in Travel and Tourism plus Hospitality, Elisha was awarded a triple distinction. She now puts theory into practice working for Thomas Cook as a travel advisor in their bustling Bullring store in Birmingham.
"I enjoyed my two year course and wouldn't be where I am now without the staff who helped me along the way. They helped and encouraged me to achieve the highest grades and expanded my knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry."
Emily gained triple distinctions in Travel & Tourism and Hospitality Level 3, securing her place at Bournemouth University studying Events Management, where she was awarded a scholarship for her high grades.
During her time at college, Emily developed her skills with a summer job at Birmingham Airport, dealing with customers on a daily basis.
“Completing this course has been so beneficial to me. It has provided me with the basis for a life time of potential career opportunities.”