Sport Studies HND
Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
Duration of the course
- Full-time over 2 years
- Part-time over 3 years
- Part-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Full-time total tuition fees - £11,514
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS Course Code: C6Y7
How to apply
About this course
This is an ideal course if you are interested in a career in the Sport or Leisure industry and are interested in pursuing a full top up degree.
The course has a strong vocational focus designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop your career within the sports industry.
You will be introduced to a range of concepts that underpin the course and which are essential to work at a supervisory and/or management level.
You are provided with the knowledge and expertise to progress either into the job market or to continue your studies at a Further or Higher Education level.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sport & Exercise
- Applied Sports Coaching
- Injury Prevention & Treatment in Sport & Exercise
- Physical Activity, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Sports Massage
- Nutrition for Sport & Exercise
- Training & Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Health Promotion
- Work Based Experience
- Research Methods for Sport & Exercise
- Employability Skills
- Functional Exercise Physiology
- Field Based Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Applied Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Research Project
How will I be assessed?
Assessments are work related and you will need to submit a portfolio for each of the modules, all of which must be passed. There is a mixture of assessment methods across the course including practical, essays, reports, presentations and exhibits.
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A Level 3 qualification in Sport or a similar discipline; or
- 2 or more A Levels; or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress to a full honours degree at many universities, in Sport-based subject areas.
The College has an agreement with Newman University for students to complete their BSc Sports Studies, following completion of the HND at Merit grades.
This specialist study is relevant if you are aiming to progress in your existing career or are seeking employment in a Sport-related role.