Sport & Leisure
Why study Sport & Leisure at Halesowen College?
- A reputation for excellence in Sport
- Fantastic facilities include a sports hall, fitness suite, all weather playing areas, outdoor fitness gym, trim trail and indoor climbing wall
- A Subsidiary Diploma in Sport can be combined with A Levels
- Enthusiastic and highly committed staff
- Opportunities for placements to support progression into employment and coaching
- Outstanding successes in sporting competitions
- Enrichment opportunities including overseas travel and interesting trips within the UK
- Close links with sports clubs, schools and universities
- Competing in regular local and national competitions in a range of sports, including the West Midlands Colleges- League and the British Colleges- Sports competitions
- Exciting College Progression Routes
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications including:
- Community Sports Leader Award
- Principles of Coaching
Courses in this Area
Level 4+ - Higher
Halesowen College felt friendly from the moment I stepped through the gates on Open Day. On induction day I got a taste of some of the lessons I would be doing for my course, which I really enjoyed. Throughout the year the different sports activities have been interesting, like golf and athletics, which are both learning curves. I hope to become a sports fitness trainer, PE teacher or gain an apprenticeship as a fireman.
Sport Level 3
The reason I chose Halesowen College is because of the range of different courses offered. I enjoy my course because I’m able to experience different types of sporting activities. In the future I hope to become a Sports Therapist.
Sport Level 3