Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
- Full-time over 2 years
- Part-time over 4 years
- Part-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Full-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Top-up from HNC - £5,757
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS course code: N1A3
How to apply
About this course
This qualification is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment.
It will enable you to meet changing circumstances, whether arising from a change in your own sphere of employment, promotion to supervisory or management roles or from general changes in business practices and the business environment.
What will I learn?
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Research Project (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Strategy*
- Exotics and the Pet Trade
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations*
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight*
- Planning for Growth
*Units are subject to change
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through 100% coursework. This consists of management reports, presentations, board papers and numeric analysis.
Managing a Successful Business Project is a Pearson set assessment but is marked internally.
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma qualification; or
- 2 or more A Levels (at least one of which should be in an essay based subject); or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate; or
- Have previously achieved a HNC in Business
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours top up degree, in Business or one of its specialist areas.
You may wish to work towards professional membership or study for professional body examinations such as CIMA and CIPD.
As the curriculum is broad, the qualification prepares you for employment in all business sectors. It gives you the theoretical knowledge as well as underpinning skills to make a positive contribution towards business growth.
Many students progress onto managerial level positions or aspire to start their own business.