Creative Media Production HND
Course Location: Whittingham Road and Coombs Wood
- Full-time over 2 years, daytime
- Full-time UK and EU student £TBC
UCAS course code: TBC
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
About this course
This programme is aimed at those wanting to work in the Creative Media sector in industries as varied as the film, TV or advertising.
The course provides learners with underpinning knowledge of Creative Media techniques and theoretical frameworks.
There is an emphasis on the development of skills, research skills, teamwork and practical skills, such as editing, camera work, sound design and directing.
What will I learn?
- Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Special Subject Investigation for Creative Media Production
- Practical Skills for Moving Image Production
- Career Development for the Moving Image Industries
- Film Studies
- Television Studies
- Television Studio Production
- Music Video Production
- Development and Techniques of Film and Video Editing
- Script Writing for Moving Image Fiction
- Moving Image Documentary Production
- Television News
- Work Experience in the Creative Media Sector
- Sound Design for Moving Image Production
|Delivery — Full-Time|
|Year 1||Year 2|
How will I be assessed?
Students will be assessed through coursework and practical assessments. Please note these may take place outside of normal course hours.
|Assessment — Full-Time|
|Year 1||Year 2|
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Creative Media Production or a similar discipline; or
- 2 or more A Levels; or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours top up degree at many universities, in Creative Media and related subject areas.
On successful completion you may wish to consider careers in a variety of media related areas such as TV, film or advertising.