Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
About this course
If you are inspired by Masterchef and the Great British Bake Off to make a career cooking professionally, this apprenticeship is right for you.
You will attend College one day per week to learn essential food preparation and cooking skills for meat, poultry, fish and vegetables, including their storage and presentation, along with basic food hygiene.
This apprenticeship gives an excellent opportunity for a career change for adults.
What do I need?
- A real interest in food and an ability to work in a pressured environment
- GCSE grade D in English Language and 2 GCSEs at grade E, including Maths
- A successful interview with a member of the Catering Team
Where can it take me?
- A career in catering, starting with employment as a Commis Chef
- Further training to progress to positions of responsibility