Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
About this course
You will be employed as a Business Administration Apprentice and also attend College on Wednesday for 17 weeks.
At this level you will need to demonstrate a depth of knowledge including, developing and managing managerial administrative systems, processes and staff. This may include using a range of internal and external communication methods and the systems that support them including, organising diaries, meetings, managing resources and facilities.
The Level 3 programme will also give you the opportunity to engage in training as an overview on databases, mailmerge, Powerpoint, Outlook, word processing and HTML. In addition you will study advanced spreadsheet techniques and develop the skills to input, manipulate and output data, using complex and non-routine techniques to analyse and interpret the required information.
You will choose your units with your employer and a designated assessor and there are 77 different topics to suit your job role. You will also complete 5 mandatory units, although if you have previously completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship some may have an accreditation of prior learning.
What will I learn?
The mandatory units are:
- Communication in a Business Environment
- Manage Personal & Professional Development
- Principles of Business Communication & Information*
- Principles of Administration*
- Principles of Business*
*You will take onscreen tests in College for these units
How will I be assessed?
You will be visited at least once a month by an assessor in your workplace and they will also carry out regular reviews with your employer.
During the observations, you will be assessed by a variety of methods including professional discussions, written statements from you, which should include print screens, questioning and a witness testimony from your employer or line manager to confirm your competency in the workplace.
What do I need?
- Certificate in Business Administration Level 2; or
- One or more A Levels; or
- Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Business
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration, you could also progress to a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees or professional qualifications
- Careers - employment in administration at a supervisory level
Apprentices are required to complete monthly time sheets, which are handed into College staff. You will also need to submit an up to date CV, to include your apprenticeship details and job description. You will also need an organisation chart.