Corporation & Governance
Welcome to the Corporation pages of Halesowen College's governing body.
Since establishment in 1982 Halesowen College has built a reputation for providing an exceptional range of learning opportunities for students. As a specialist tertiary organisation the College has a distinctive character with the purpose being 'the delivery of high quality education and training that maximise student opportunities and success'.
The Corporation comprises twelve members from diverse backgrounds with the skills and experience necessary to be effective critical friends to the College which includes oversight, challenge and support.
The Corporation has a clear strategic direction for the College. Responsibilities are carried out over an annual cycle of business with board meetings once a month. Governance is conducted in a constructive atmosphere in which members debate issues to reach collective decisions. All governors receive induction, training and support for this role which is tailored to meet individual need.
If you are interested in applying to become a governor or a co-optee we are interested to hear from you. The search and recruitment process is provided in the document 'Search and Appointment of New Governors'. Persons who may wish to self-nominate or to nominate another person for consideration as a member of the Corporation of Halesowen College, in relation to a vacancy, should contact the Clerk to the Corporation.
Should you require further assistance or wish to discuss the application process please contact the Clerk to the Corporation, Jennifer Sunter. email@example.com Direct line: 0121 602 7604.
Corporation and Committee Membership
Role of Governor
- College Role Descriptions
- Search and Appointment of New Governors
- Corporation Induction and Training Policy
- Instrument and Articles of Government
- Standing Orders
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Code of Good Governance for English Colleges
- Obtaining the Views of Staff and Students in Relation to Educational Character Mission and Oversight of Activities
- Public Benefit Statement
- Corporation Minutes 0716
- Corporation Minutes 0816
- Corporation Minutes 0916
- Corporation Minutes 091116
- Corporation Minutes 301116
- Corporation AGM Minutes 0117
- Corporation Minutes 0117
- Corporation Minutes 010317
- Corporation Minutes 300317
- Corporation Minutes 260417
- Corporation Minutes 240517
Audit and Assurance Committee Minutes
- Audit and Assurance Committee Minutes 0816
- Audit and Assurance Committee Minutes 1116
- Audit and Assurance Committee Minutes 0317