Working with Employers
The Employer Engagement Team provides a high-quality, responsive service to local employers and business organisations in order to help them achieve their business objectives.
We offer each employer a tailor-made training solution by identifying their specific needs and designing an appropriate programme of training.
Skill UP - Free Staff Training
Now you can receive the training that your business needs - thanks to Skill UP - a major initiative offering £5 million worth of FREE training to Black Country businesses.
The six leading Black Country Colleges have come together to pool their extensive vocational knowledge and secure funding from the European Social Fund and Local Response Fund to help make this possible.
As an employer you can expect to gain a number of direct benefits from Skill UP including:
- FREE training to help your staff work efficiently in the workplace whilst gaining the qualifications they need
- FREE organisational training needs analysis to identify the right training that your your business needs
- Flexible training delivered at your premises
- Training tailored to meet the specific needs of your business,
Who is Skill UP for?
You, as an employer, if you are:
- based in the Black Country
- employ 1-250 people (including self-employed)
- not part of a larger group or a subsidiary of a larger parent company
- undertaking or considering staff development for employees aged 19+ to benefit your business
You, as an individual, if you are:
- employed in the Black Country
- aged 19 years or over
- working for a company employing between 1 and 250 people (including self-employed)
- looking to improve your skills to enhance your performance in the workplace
If you would like to discuss the training options available to you we will arrange a convenient time to come to your workplace, talk about what training is needed, agree a programme of delivery and, wherever possible, deliver training onsite.
- Minimal time and effort to achieve maximum benefits
- More motivated and productive staff as a result of training
We offer apprenticeships in Accounts, Business and Administration, Customer Service, ICT and Laboratory Technicians and provide work-based training in Supporting Teaching and Learning, Management, Business Administration and Customer Service.
Bespoke and Employer-sponsored Training
Training can be designed specifically for each employer, to be delivered either at Halesowen College or at the employer’s premises. In addition, employees can attend a variety of relevant, scheduled training programmes on business-focused topics such as Accountancy, Management, Health and Safety and IT.
Members of the Employer Engagement Team attend local networking events regularly, such as those held by the Chamber of Commerce, in order to build relationships with local employers and promote our services and facilities.
Commitment to Employers
Our commitment to employers to provide a high-quality service is detailed in our Employer Charter and Our Commitment to Employers.